Supporting Workforce Education
What Is The Metallica Scholars Initiative?
Metallica Scholars is a major workforce education initiative that provides direct support to community colleges to enhance their career and technical education programs. These programs provide skills and services to students who are looking to enter a traditional trade or other applied learning program. In 2019, ten colleges from across the country received $100,000 each to support more than 1,000 students training to enter the American workforce. The success of the program prompted us to expand the program to 15 total schools in 2020.
How Are Schools Selected?
Partnering with the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC), a Washington, DC-based organization that represents the nation’s 1,103 community colleges, the Metallica Scholars awards were selected via a competitive application process and are designed to provide support of relevant job skill training for community college students, reinvest in communities that supported Metallica during its recent United States tours, and leverage the influence of Metallica to elevate the importance of career and technical education.
Which Schools Are Supported By The Metallica Scholars Program?
- Alvin Community College, Texas
- Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Clackamas Community College, Oregon City, Oregon
- College of Lake County, Grayslake, Illinois
- Community College of Baltimore County, Baltimore, Maryland
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College, Kentucky
- Gateway Technical College, Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Grand Rapids Community College, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Lone Star College, The Woodlands, Texas
- North Idaho College, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
- Polk State College, Florida
- Spokane Community College, Spokane, Washington
- Valencia College, Florida
- Westchester Community College, New York
- Wichita State University Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology, Kansas
Get To Know Our Students
Check out our Scholars Spotlight to meet some of our year one students who have shared their stories with us.
They come from different backgrounds and have selected different fields of study, but they share the common goal of investing in their futures for themselves and their families.
We continue to be inspired by each of them and are honored to assist them in their educational pursuits.